Youth and Family Coaching
Youth and Family Coaching is designed to provide individualized, short term, goal focused support services to at-risk youth, parents, and/or families in Larimer County. Each family is assigned a coach that meets with them weekly in the community or at home. Coaches facilitate prosocial activities, strategies to improve regulation and relatedness, as well as one-on-one mentoring and development of skills that promote and develop resilience for parents and youth.
Visit activities may include but are not limited to: volunteering, outdoor and nature based activities, sports, job searching/ job readiness skills, organizational skills, recreation, art, music, outdoor activities, and developing regulation, communication and social skills.
Coaches are a part of the professional team and can participate in family meetings, professional meetings, and school meetings. It is our aim to provide flexible services, emotional support, encouragement, and to increase self-sufficiency throughout our work with youth and families.
Types of Coaching:
- Youth Coaching: Coaches meet with youth one-on-one weekly in the community or home.
- Medicaid Coaching: Program provides Medicaid Funded Community Based Support Services to qualifying youth. Capacity is limited and eligibility is determined by Program Coordinator.
- Parent and Family Coaching: Coaches meet with parents and/or family in the home or community weekly.
- Group Coaching: Youth groups facilitated by 1-2 coaches that promote wellness, healthy social interaction, increased self-esteem, development of communication/expression skills, and involvement with community activities. Groups occur in the community once per week and serve 2-7 clients from different families. Activities may include: Rock Climbing, paddle boarding, hiking, swimming, etc.
- For all Medicaid Coaching referrals, please email Alyssa Esposito at firstname.lastname@example.org
- For all Group Coaching referrals, please email Melissa Fenoglio at email@example.com
- For DHS or juvenile probation involved youth/ families: Please contact your caseworker and/or juvenile probation officer to inquire about getting a coach.
- For youth/ families not involved with juvenile probation or DHS: Please email Emily Brown at firstname.lastname@example.org